Shopping Tour - 2nd Stop : Bloomingdale's
This place totally speaks for itself right? Does anyone not adore a gorgeous department store? Well, actually, if you're anything like me you avoid them at all costs at certain times of the year (Boxing Day Sale anyone?? Anyone?? Thought not..)
They sell pretty much everything a shopaholic could desire. I totally forgot that I have actually been to Bloomingdale's, however it was the San Fran store back in 2008.. I did pick myself up a small brown bag, and carried it home in a medium brown bag.
The New York store however, has that magical aura surrounding it.
The Brothers' Bloomingdale started selling hoop skirts in Manhattan in 1861, and opened their first store in 1872 on Third Avenue. The fabulous Christmas window displays that I used to love at David Jones in Sydney when I was a little girl have their history with Bloomingdale's, where theatrical visual merchandising pretty much made it's trademark.
1930 saw the famous art deco Lexington Avenue store open, and this is where you regularly will find me, most likely window-shopping, in NYC.
Maybe I'll run into John Cusack when I'm shopping for gloves at Christmas...




No comments:
Post a Comment