I love The Sartorialist. He doesn't need an introduction - just these four lovely photographs. Could he make a New York summer look any sweeter?
Pics: The Sartorialist
I love that a new city can be an excuse for an entirely new wardrobe. In NZ, my winter wardrobe currently consists of a lot of merino - perfect for layering, black stockings, dresses and skirts, my favourite brown boots, a few pairs of black boots, some slightly inappropriate silver ballet flats (although they really were just inappropriate when I was catching the bus - now that I'm driving, I can get away with them a little better with the quick run from the house to the car, then the car into work!), lots of scarves, my gorgeous new wool coat, beret and gloves. There was nowhere near as much wool in my wardrobe when I lived in Sydney, but I'd like to think a move to NYC would mean I can take my merino items with me.
NZ is a whole lot more relaxed than Sydney - you don't need to try quite so hard, which is a refreshing change. And what's even better, it seems that anything goes in NYC. I can't wait to just take the bare minimum of my current wardrobe with me, and start filling it out with new favourites! Hoping they have as many wonderful little boutiques as we have in my current city. Karen Walker, Kate Sylvester, Moochi, Papercup.. I will definitely miss these places!




No comments:
Post a Comment