I can't get enough of film festivals. Not so much for the networking, or educational lectures, or markets, but for the atmosphere, and of course the actual films. And I can tell you there's nothing like going to a film festival on your own in a foreign city. You end up having the most fascinating conversations about film with people from all over the world. I did just this at the Toronto Film Festival in 2008 - it was fantastic! Even lining up for one of the Midnight Madness screenings in the center of Toronto, such a great spirit among all the random people who are actually happy to stay awake until that hour..!
Cultural Tour - 1st Stop : Tribeca Film Festival
Why this film festival? Because they do an amazing job at showcasing films about New York, both documentaries and narratives. What better way to learn about NYC as a new arrival..? Oh yeah, and all the famous people.. (me? celebrity whore? never!)
No point telling you guys everything you already know about this festival - it's not like I'm discovering something totally new - hah! And I'd love not to go by myself - anyone planning to be in NYC with me next year will be spending lots of time in queues, eating hotdogs (or vegie dogs) and ice-creams, and drinking coffees with me and talking about how fabulous it is to be in the greatest city in the world, doing something we're passionate about! I know several of you who will be totally with me on this!
So next April/May, with any luck, I'll be there.
My boy leaves for NYC in less than 2 days. I have the day off work tomorrow to hang out with him, then it's off to the airport early Friday morning. I'm feeling up, down, all over the place. I went to hot yoga last night after a two week break, and remembered how much I love it - might start going a couple of times a week again, as it's such a great release, and time-out from everything.

No comments:
Post a Comment