I am such a bag lady. I used to work on the Mimco counter in David Jones. Imagine the staff discount, and then imagine how many Mimco bags I own. Yuh..
Ally and I must be on the same wavelength at the moment, having both just purchased fabulous little brown bags.
I brought one of them over to NZ with me, and decided very early on, when I started catching the bus to work, that this bag just wasn't going to work. It was a typical heavy leather day bag and it was killing my shoulder to carry it around everywhere. So on my limited budget, I tracked down a brown leather cross-body satchel, which has served me very well the past 18 months. I can't believe it lasted that long! That just goes to show how far I've come with my control over money. I used to buy a new bag every 6 months..
I've been bored with my brown satchel for a while now - it just hasn't been large enough to carry all my sh*t, especially through winter when I have lost two lovely woolen beanies because they haven't fitted in my bag, and as such have wandered off my lap when I wasn't looking. So I got some money for my birthday, and took myself along to the Mimco section of Kirks and bought myself this lovely little piece! The Road Warrior Sac. What an awesome name for a handbag!
Like Ally, I also have a few little niggling issues about the level of perfection with this bag - it doesn't have any little pockets for my keys, so I do have to rummage around looking for them. But on the plus side, there is a fabulous side zip that takes you straight into the bag without having to go in through the top zip. I like it. And there's a funky side panel of suede - which I really need to get waterproofed! Waterproofing spray is something I have owned many times in the past - every time you buy a new pair of shoes you are convinced by the shoe store that you also need leather spray to protect them. Where are all those cans of spray when you really need them, I ask you! And I totally love the studs on the bottom. This bag is light-weight, lovely soft leather, gorgeous caramel colour, totally adjustable handle so you can carry it as a handbag as in the pic above, or lengthen the strap to make it a satchel! Perfect!!
Ally - dispense with the guilt - us girls need a great bag to carry our life around in.. So happy you found yours - may have a long and happy life together!
x
Great bag Ali! Love it!
ReplyDeleteYes - the guilt is disappearing as I am falling more and more deeply in love with my bag. (Wow, did I just type that? I need get some kind of perspective in my life.) Happy times! xxx