Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Splish Splash I was Takin' a Bath..

The Boy tells me of plans to go for a surf on the weekend. Surfing? In New York? When I think of swimming in New York, two images come to mind.

The first is of Kramer doing laps in the East River.



The second is of the SATC girls getting some rooftop poolside action - though of course Samantha had to impersonate a British socialite to actually gain entry to the pool..

Pic: flavorwire.com

I've discovered a much better option, though not so sure a surfboard would actually fit in any of these pools.. Dumpsters have been set up on Park Avenue for New Yorkers and tourists to cool off in the heat of the New York summer! I hate to say it, but I am actually craving some heat right now - I miss the humidity of a Sydney summer that sees you sweating the moment you step out of a shower. And I think queuing up before 9am just to get one of the 420 daily swimming passes (they are free!) would be well worth it, even to be constrained in such close quarters for 20 minutes with a bunch of other hot and sweaty people..



For more dumpster diving pics, see here!

No comments:

Post a Comment