Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Dress

Obviously I have to start this off by confirming that I have no plans to get married in the immediate future, nor have I been asked to get married, or for that matter, asked someone else to marry me!

But there are so many lovely blogs online that I cannot tear my eyes away from.. And as I have done since I was little girl, I cannot help but be inspired for what could be one day.. Too many pretty pictures!

I am mostly resigned to the possibility of never getting married, but I can't say I don't ever want it to happen. I also often say I just want to elope to Vegas with that wonderful guy, and avoid all the unnecessary stress and expense. My Mum would kill me.

Marriage, to me, really is simply a public celebration and confirmation of the love between two people. I do hope that a commitment like that is in my future, and I hope that it does last a lifetime.

So if it does eventually happen one day, I think I really would like to have a special day with just a close circle of loved ones, with a really lovely, fun, party to celebrate. So please forgive me for gathering inspiration from the multitude of wedding blogs.. And where else can I display this inspiration, but right here for my lovely girls! Perhaps I'll get to make use of it all one day.... ;)

Well today ladies, I think I found The Dress.

From this gorgeous blog, 100 Layer Cake, they feature photo galleries from real weddings. It's quite addictive scrolling through them all!

Today's featured wedding was Salma + Ziyaad. And her dress actually made me gasp. It is just what I would choose. Is she not beautiful?! The dress was made by George Wu - a young Brisbane designer - the discovery of which made me twitch with joy that it was not someone so divinely out of the realm of possibility like Vera Wang or Monique Lhuillier..


Anyway - enough talk of weddings that are not my own! Just couldn't resist not sharing this..

1 comment:

  1. You would look sooooooo beautiful in that dress. Can you imagine? Divine. So beautiful. And with sleeves! Yay to sleeves on wedding dresses - so over those without... :)

    ReplyDelete