I used to love hearing stories from others of how they found their partners. How they met, how long it took before they got together, the timeline of the romance. Hearing true stories is infinitely more reassuring than reading 'self-help' books, as much I've adored all the books that have passed through my hands over the years.
I love the timeline my Boy followed.....
I love that we met on Christmas Night. Least expected time to meet someone special EVER!
I love that our first date was a month after meeting. Oh, and I asked him.
I love that he didn't contact me for EIGHT whole days after that first date. When he finally asked me out to a movie, I couldn't go on the date he suggested. He didn't take the hint from me that I still wanted to go out again. Why do I love this? Because..
He didn't give up. It took him a while, but he eventually gave it another stab, and asked me out again. Yay - finally a second date, two and a half months after the first!
I love that it was three weeks from that second date before he kissed me.
I love that it was another three weeks again before he asked me to be his girlfriend.
And I love that it has been four months since then, and I'm still his girlfriend.
None of it particularly conventional, but then, what is conventional anyway? Everyone has a different story, and that's what's so great! Romance is a wonderful thing!
If only he was here with me now and not in NYC..!!
Pic: weheartit

LOVE this post A. xxx.
ReplyDeleteYAY! So very happy for you, I love hearing about people in love :)
ReplyDelete