Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Boy

Yep - it's his birthday today. Well, today NZ time. Tomorrow NY time! 48 hour birthday - lucky thing!

Unfortunately, he's found himself kind of homeless this week.. He had to move out of his flat today, and can't move into his new flat until the end of this week, and this was all very last minute, and none of his friends have spare beds right now, so he has checked himself into The Jane for tonight. What awesome hotels they have in NYC! This was where the survivors of the Titanic were housed after it sunk in 1912!


He has a Standard Cabin, and it is just hilarious. I just skyped him an hour ago from his room, and the bed is literally 4 feet long! I asked him how many steps he could take to cross the room. His reply? 1.64. The bathroom? Down the hall - bring your soap-on-a-rope.


So it's certainly no 5 stars, but at $99/night, and an awesome location in the West Village, he can't complain. In fact, he finds it hilarious - quite a novelty for his 35th birthday.

Wish I was over there with him to celebrate!!

Oh yeah, and what did I get him for his birthday? Something from this guy...!! I've got it here in NZ so he doesn't know what it is yet, but will find out in 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment