Saturday, October 30, 2010

Funky Funkis

My sister used to have a pair of brown clogs in the mid-90's. I hated them. I thought they were the ugliest shoes I had ever seen. She loved them. She wore them to death.

Clogs are back. And yes, Rach, I told you I still hated them.

But guess what I bought today......


They are Funkis! I can't seem to find the website that originally brought them to my attention last week (it will come to me sometime soon and I will update this post **UPDATE - of course it was the delicious Frankie Magazine!!) but I haven't been able to stop thinking about them since.

Then on Friday, I got my email newsletter from Good As Gold - my favourite jeans store in town - and saw that they are the NZ stockist for Funkis. So I raced down there this morning, determined to see whether or not they would make my ankles look fat (a serious concern when it comes to shoe shopping). They don't!! Hooray!! $219NZD later and I am the proud owner of the most adorable summer shoes I've ever owned. I intend to wear them to death. I'm sure you'll agree they're not really clogs..... They're made from lovely untreated leather, with wooden soles made from Swedish plantation timber, and they are made in Sweden! They're a little awkward to walk in but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The leather is also quite a bit lighter than it is on the website but I'm told it will darken quite a bit over time.

Here they are on my pale little feet (size 37 in these babies! I've never been a size 37 - normally 38 or even 39..) - I fear the traditional breaking-in couple of days may be a little painful.. But as they say - no pain, no gain!



They also sell them in the most beautiful blue, black snakeskin, red, purple patent and purple suede. Love!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a size 38 too! I've just ordered a pair and it's size 37. I'm wondering if 37 is just nice for you? Or do you reckon I should size up? Hope to hear from you soon :) x

    ReplyDelete